We pride ourselves on attracting the best and brightest students in the New York Metropolitan area. In order to become a member of the Xaverian student body, a number of steps must be completed.
Below is a listing of the necessary steps for applying to Xaverian High School.
1. Register to take the TACHS Exam (Test for Admission to Catholic High Schools):
- You may register online at www.tachsinfo.com or by telephone call 1-866-618-2247, Monday through Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm. You can also pick up an application at a Catholic elementary school or high school, local parish, or religious education office. You must then mail the forms in with payment. If you attend a public, private, or non diocesan school please notify the administration that your Applicant Record for the TACHS exam needs to be sent to Xaverian High School by December 1, 2015. *Note: individuals who attend Catholic schools will automatically have the information sent and no action is necessary.
- Archdiocese of New York - Friday, November 6th, 2015
- Brooklyn Queens Diocese - Saturday, November 7th, 2015
- List Xaverian as one of the three choices on your TACHS Admit Card. Xaverian’s TACHS ID is 011.
2. In addition to the TACHS application, Xaverian has its own online application process. You can access the online application here.
- To start your application, you must create a log in so that you can re-access your application in the future. The application asks for basic information about the student, a short essay, interest in scholarship and financial aid, as well as the optional place for a parent letter.
- The application and all materials are due by November 20th, 2015.
3. Prepare to sit for the Scholarship Exam (if applicable). A separate scholarship exam will be given on Saturday, December 5th, 2015 for any student interested in receiving an academic scholarship.
- Students must have a 90 overall average in the 6th and 7th grades to sit for this exam.
- There is no separate application for the scholarship exam. Students that wish to sit for the scholarship exam must indicate that they intend to do so on the general admissions application.
- We will send you an admit card about a week or 2 before the exam so that you know all the information needed for that day.
4. Request letters of recommendation from 2 people.
- At least one should be a teacher. The other can be a Guidance Counselor, Principal, Coach, etc.
- These letters of recommendation can be submitted here. The teacher/principal/coach/etc. does not need the students log in information for the application as this recommendation form can be filled out separately.
After all relevant items are completed; Xaverian will inform students in mid-January of acceptance and any scholarship that he/she is to be awarded.
Please click here to access a list of FAQs about Xaverian that you might find helpful.