We pride ourselves on attracting the best and brightest students in the New York Metropolitan area. In order to become a member of the Xaverian student body a number of steps must be completed.
Below is a listing of the necessary steps for applying to Xaverian High School.
1. Register to take the TACHS Exam (Test for Admission to Catholic High Schools):
online at www.tachsinfo.com or by telephone call 1-866-618-2247, Monday through Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm.
You can also pick up an application at a Catholic elementary school or high school, local parish, or religious education office. You must then mail the forms in with payment. If you attend a public, private, or non diocesan school notify the administration your Applicant Record for the TACHS exam needs to be sent to Xaverian High School by December 19, 2012. *Note individuals who attend Catholic schools will automatically have the information sent and no action is necessary.
2. List Xaverian as one of the three choices on your TACHS Admit Card. Xaverian’s TACHS ID is 011. Please note no preference is given based on where Xaverian is listed on the Admit Card, and it will have no bearing on eligibility for scholarship. Admittance is based on TACHS scores and academic records. Scholarship is decided through a separate scholarship exam.
3. Sit for the TACHS Exam:
Archdiocese of New York - Friday, November 09, 2012
Brooklyn Queens Diocese - Saturday, November 10, 2012
4. Scholarship Application and Exam - A separate scholarship exam will be given on Saturday December 1st, and an application must be submitted by November 14th. See Tuition Information for greater details.
5. Submit an Application for Admission and Teacher Recommendation by December 1, 2012.
* Note if you are sitting for the scholarship exam, the application, recommendation, and transcripts must be submitted by November 14, 2012.
After all relevant items are completed Xaverian will inform students of acceptance and any scholarship that he is to be awarded.