We pride ourselves on attracting the best and brightest students in the New York Metropolitan area. In order to become a member of the Xaverian student body, a number of steps must be completed.
Below is a listing of the necessary steps for applying to Xaverian High School.
1. Register to take the TACHS Exam (Test for Admission to Catholic High Schools):
- You may register online at www.tachsinfo.com or by telephone call 1-866-618-2247, Monday through Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm. You can also pick up an application at a Catholic elementary school or high school, local parish, or religious education office. You must then mail the forms in with payment. If you attend a public, private, or non diocesan school pleasenotify the administration that your Applicant Record for the TACHS exam needs to be sent to Xaverian High School by December 11, 2013. *Note: individuals who attend Catholic schools will automatically have the information sent and no action is necessary.
- List Xaverian as one of the three choices on your TACHS Admit Card. Xaverian’s TACHS ID is 011. Admittance is based on TACHS scores and academic records. Scholarship is decided through a separate scholarship exam.
2. Submit an application for admission online (or download PDF here) and Teacher Recommendation by November 20th, 2013.
3. Sit for the TACHS Exam:
- Archdiocese of New York - Friday, November 8, 2013
- Brooklyn Queens Diocese - Saturday, November 9, 2013
4. Scholarship Application and Exam - A separate scholarship exam will be given on Saturday, December 7th, and an application must be submitted by November 20th. See Tuition Information for greater details.
After all relevant items are completed, Xaverian will inform students of acceptance and any scholarship that he is to be awarded.
Please click here to access a list of FAQs about Xaverian that you might find helpful.