College Credit Opportunities
The St. John’s University
College Advantage Program
St. John’s University’s commitment to academic excellence is manifested through the College Advantage Program which provides qualified students a concurrent enrollment in their high school and college credit-bearing courses for the University. This program is offered to qualified juniors and seniors during the academic year. Specific courses are offered in the areas of English, mathematics, language and science.
- The program provides students with an opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. This benefits high-achieving students to be further motivated and to get a “headstart” on college.
- Students successfully passing these courses will be eligible to receive 3 college credits per course through St. John’s University.
- Students may enroll in up to 3 courses (9 credits) per academic year.
- Students will be responsible for all additional fees charged by St. John’s as well as completing any required applications for acceptance to the College Advantage Program.
- It also provides reduced tuition costs to students and parents, and serves as an assessment of a student’s ability to do college level work.
- Eligibility: Minimum 80% average (seniors) or an 85% average (juniors) in all academic subjects and a combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 1000 (or 100 on the PSAT, or an ACT score of 21).
St. John’s Courses
#4136 St. John's World Religions
#4241 St. John’s English Composition (H)
#4340 St. John’s American National Government (H)
#4431 St. John’s Spanish 12 (H)
#4541 St. John’s Pre-Cal (H)
#4535 St. John’s Probability & Statistics (H)
#4536 St. John's Calculus (H)
#4635 St. John’s Human Bio/Anatomy & Physiology (H)
Syracuse University Project Advance
Syracuse University Project Advance (SUPA) is a premier cooperative partnership linking Syracuse University with secondary schools.
Through this partnership, high schools offer qualified seniors the opportunity to enroll in Syracuse University courses for college credit. Teachers who have qualified through SUPA as SU adjunct instructors teach enhanced concurrent enrollment university courses in high schools during the school day. More here.
#4343 Syracuse Psychology
#4430 Syracuse Italian 12 (H)
#4736 Syracuse Accounting