Admission to Genesis
Important Reminders for those applying for Fall 2013 admission:
Students are permitted to take the exam with a partial application on file, but we need notification that they are planning to sit for the exam.
Applications are due to the Genesis office by January 3, 2013.
The entrance examination for the Genesis Program will take place on Saturday, January 5, 2013. Prospective students should report to the Xaverian cafeteria no later than 8:30 a.m. The exam will begin promptly at 8:45 a.m. Students will be dismissed at the conclusion of the exam and you may pick up your child in the cafeteria between 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Students who are looking for a challenging, enriching and supportive academic environment are invited to take the Genesis admission exam.
Fifth grade applicants take the exam to qualify for admission to the sixth grade class.
Students in sixth grade are eligible to take the Genesis admission exam but will be placed on an automatic wait list if accepted into the program. If a seat becomes available, the family will be contacted by the Admissions Committee.
• Attend the Genesis Open House in late fall. Tour our school and mingle with administration, teachers, students, and parents and learn more about our exciting programs and activities. Attendance at the Open House is greatly encouraged!
• Applications, available from the Genesis office and at the Open House, are due back at Genesis before the admissions exam in January.
• Application requirements include complete transcripts of the student's grammar school records and standardized test scores as well as two teacher letters of recommendation.
• Applicants take an entrance exam in January.
• Applicants are interviewed by members of the Genesis at Xaverian faculty in late January/ early February.
• Students are offered admission based on their records, entrance exam scores, and interview.
• Acceptance letters are mailed in March.
• A non-refundable deposit is required upon acceptance of an applicant’s seat in the program.
Tuition for Genesis at Xaverian
Tuition for the 2012-2013 school year is $7,000 per student.
Tuition is mailed directly to the Tuition Office of Xaverian High School. Any questions about tuition or methods of payment should be directed to Mrs. Angela McClintock at (718) 836-7100 x 182