Xaverian’s STEM classes are an integral part of every students’ experience and provide them with the scientific language to be leaders in the business arenas of technology and engineering. The program allows students to have hands-on experiences with real-world applications that will yield significant advantages when it comes to preparedness for college classes and fieldwork. As part of Xaverian’s commitment to fully preparing students for success in the global economy, the school has partnered with Amazon Edhesive and Project Lead The Way (PLTW), the leading provider of rigorous and innovative STEM education curricular programs used in middle and high schools across the U.S. Through these partnerships, Xaverian offers a comprehensive curriculum for engineering, computer, and biomedical sciences that have been collaboratively designed by PLTW teachers, university educators, engineering, computer, and biomedical professionals, and school administrators to promote critical thinking, innovation, and real-world problem-solving skills in students.
- To provide students the academic foundation and experience to prepare for leadership roles throughout their careers.
- To show students how scientific and technological advancements drive innovation, jobs, and economic growth.
- To allow students to use multiple platforms to design, build and program a solution to solve an existing problem.
- To help students acquire strong teamwork and communication proficiency, and develop organizational, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- To afford students the time to investigate the roles of biomedical, computer, and engineering professionals as they study different concepts in their fields.
- To provide students with the newest scientific equipment and state-of-the-art labs to learn the principles of these three fields.